Melted crucible with unmelted cast iron still inside. In the upper right side, you can see the streams of iron that ran out when I pulled the crucible out of my furnace.
Sorry Hobbicast people...I thought I had a picture of it when it was completed...I will have to take one later and post it here....Of course it is well used and rusty now :0 I put wire in the lid to hold the refractory and just use this for my cover/ lid. The handles make a nice place to put my tongs through to lift the lid off. I used the plastic bucket for a form for the inside and also for the vent hole. For the main furnace form, I riveted the plastic together and put duct tape over the seam to smooth it out. When cured, I just knocked off the rivets and collapsed the form.
The burner tube is 1/2 inch, turned down slightly to fit in my 3/4 inch tulier. The T fitting is 1 1/2 inch. You can see the set screws I put into the end cap to secure the nipple.
This is a close up of the burner nozzle...Tweco mig welder tip. I have melted cast iron with this burner.