Here it the first try.  Casting in a RTV Mold
Crab Mallet
This shows the feed I was using.  Because
it wasn't filling completely,
I put some vents in as you can see.  This
was cast in a flask in platinum silicone...the bigger parts were at the bottom of the flask.
Page created 3-6-2005
Here is the flask I used.  I did it with lost foam...It would be nice to have a mill sometimes!  : )
This shows a close up of the same part.
Here is the casting I made with the riser mostly blocked...actually, I put a big hunk of RTV in it.  It came out almost perfect...There was a void though where the riser/ feed joined the mallet face.
Click here to go to the home page